Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon and Kate Call it Quits


Ok. I've been thinking all day about how to address this issue.

Kate (of the TLC reality hit TV show "Jon and Kate Plus 8") filed for divorce yesterday. I'm sure many of you are wondering why this has been covered so heavily, as am I.

But I have to say, I am so sad for them. All this time, I've been on "Team Kate." Now, before you tell me all of the terrible things she's done to bring on a divorce, hear me out!

I cannot imagine raising 8 kids UNDER the age of 10! I come from a huge family and kids ranging from ages 23 to 3. I KNOW how crazy a household can be. She needs to yell, scream for help, and demand perfection. That's the only way a household of that magnitude can function.

For now, let's focus on the kids. They are going to be going through a lot in the next few monthes. Luckily, TLC recognized that and shut down production until August, to give the family some breathing room.

SO! Tell me what you think! Did Kate ask for this divorce? Has it been covered too much?

5 comments:

  1. Kate asked for it Katherine. You're just plain wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate thinks that it is all about her. Just because she was the one who had to carry all of those kids, she acts like her crap doesn't stink. If I was Jon, I would have slapped her big mouth off of her face. Those kids deserve a better mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever watched that show?? I have had to sit with my wife and endue every single episode. That woman has treated Jon like crap from the first show on.... She is a mean heart B#$@H , I can't imagine he being a nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever watched this show? I agree that Kate has been a b____ (you fill in the blanks,it rhymes with itch). Poor Jon has been humiliated, belittled, nothing he does is ever right in her eyes.
    In earlier episodes Jon would be bonding with his kids while she was holed up in the house (I know what you're thinking, working right? They have nannies and staff for that!)Later episodes show her jetting around promoting her book (LOL) while he was home with the kids....now do the math!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Jon had acted like a parent, Kate would not have needed to yell for help. He knew what needed to be done. We're not talking rocket science. With eight kids there must be order for health and for the kids to feel secure. Picture eight kids with food poisoning!
    Jon just wasn't interested in parenting. He wanted to play then and he wants to play now. That's why he doesn't have a job. That family would fall apart if Kate wasn't there most of the time. Obviously Jon wasn't looking for good nannies to help with his children.
    It's too bad Kate's family doesn't get it. Used cribs and carseats can be unsafe. And who in their right mind gives gum to preschoolers? She needs support and, yes, it needs to be given the right way or it's not helpful. The children need routine because it creates a sense of security.

    ReplyDelete