Monday, January 19, 2009

A Blast From The Past...


I think that one of the greatest web sites for celebrity news is People Magazine.

Go to http://www.people.com/... It will keep you updated by the minute as celebrity news comes crawling through cyberspace...

I'm constantly cruising around different sites, and I like People best for one reason: The link called "This Week In PEOPLE History." It gives you a cover from the same week from years past. The one I looked at today was particularly interesting...




It was from 1989 and had 13-year-old Drew Barrymore on the cover when she entered rehab. That's right folks... REHAB! She was barely a teenager and had already dabbled in pot, alcohol, and cocaine.

This seems to be an all too normal situation in Hollywood. These child stars are treated like adults, paid like adults, and expected to act like adults- so why is anyone suprised when they party like one?!

I don't know about you, but I have 4 brothers and sisters under the age of 13... I know that if any of them were experimenting in this way, I would go into cardiac arrest.

So what do you think? Is this a result of the childs environment? Or are parents, guardians, and bosses to blame?

Lovey!

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember what kind of coverage her rehab stint got, but can you imagine how much more coverage a kid star would get now!? It would be the lead on every major network, cable, and some local news broadcasts! At my last job in Dallas I would have blown out the whole show for Dakota's Downward Spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the show about teen idols on VH1? The best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how many celebrities performed at the Inauguration celebration!! I think my favorites were Bono at the Lincoln Memorial and of course Aretha in her fabulous hat at the swearing in ceremony!!

    ReplyDelete